Saturday, July 21, 2012

Friday July 20 in Paris

I woke up this morning with a grateful heart for all the friends and family that share this experience with me.  Yesterday, my dear friend and fellow explorer, Janice flew home.   Simultaneously, daughter Emily and her Matt arrived.  Other dear friends, Ilene and her husband Wayne, made an adjustment in their travel plans to include a visit to Paris and some time together.  Libby and Jim initiated the apartment while Perry and I were in Normandy.  Eileen, back home worked through the whole grant process with me, and went on her own adventure to Myanmar.  I am thankful for my wonderful parents cheering me on all the time, dear Perry who has helped in countless ways from driving through crazy Paris to taking pictures of everything I asked, and of course you, my friends who are sharing the adventure as I write.   Thank you all for being a part of this!

Since yesterday was a bit of a transition  day, there was no "Patriot" work done.  However, I helped Janice navigate a new way to the airport---we love the busses of Paris, then I helped Matt and Emily find their way out of the Chatelet metro station and to the apartment, did the cleaning and grocery shopping typical of preparing for guests, and had a delightful dinner with friends. 

We dined at the restaurant right next to the apartment.  The name of the restaurant is Chez La Veille, or Adrienne.  Reviews say that  good, traditional food is prepared here.  We agreed, but we also loved that atmosphere.  Perhaps that is what is so wonderful about French food.  Attention to details-- like perfectly cooked vegetables, a combination of subtle herbs and spices that enhance the sauce on the meat, and the beautiful, but not too filling desserts make the meal a delightful pastime.  We loved the young waiter who took great delight in "translating" the menu for us.  Although we stumbled through a few items, that was a fun conversation.  The patrons at the other tables were friendly and seemed to enjoy our group and the fun we were having.  Bravo to all!  Take a look at Adrienne's.   You may need to put this place on your list for future trips to Paris. 


Chez La Vieille - Adrienne,



2 comments: