Saturday, July 28, 2012

Paris Plages and Good bye

It's time for Paris Plages, or Paris at the beach!   I read that since many Parisians cannot commit to the traditional month at the coast anymore, the city has brought the sand and sun to them.  I snapped this picture on one of my last days in Paris. We head a bit of a concert near the Hotel de Ville, there are temporary pools installed along the Seine, hammocks, water spraying stations, games and fun.

I flew home on Wednesday and Thursday with my daughter and her fiance (yes, that happened in Paris too, but that is for her to blog about).  The trip to the airport was made much easier by a car and driver from the apartment rental company.  Thankfully, there were no big traffic jams that day. Although the airport seems huge, we maneuvered it, did some last minute shopping, and boarded the plane.   A delay leaving Paris made us late for our connections in the U.S. but we made it home without major difficulties.  It's great to be back.

Thank you for sharing this month long experience with me.   I was able to keep a record of the events, analyze my thoughts and activities, and develop a deeper understanding of my project as I shared it with all of you.  I have appreciated all the comments you have made, and I hope you will continue to send me a note when you find a connection, or remember something written in the blog.  Milles merci!

4 comments:

  1. Just checked in on your blog (haven't been very good at keeping up!) and saw Emily's BIG news! Oh my goodness! You must be so excited and of course I KNOW she is! Wonderful news!!! Can't wait to get together and talk about your adventure dear friend! Congrats to Emily!!! Love you!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete